Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Favourite Hot Spots - Worldwide

Ages ago when I first moved to London I was lucky enough to stay with a family friend. On one night out I was very impressed how my cousin was able to give this girl going on a world trip tips on places to go in HK. From then on, if I really like a place I will write it down and tell my family and friends about it. Gems deserve recognition...

London

- Cecconi's
Part of the amazing Soho House Group, this is a gem just off Bond Street. I love the interior - black and white floors, emerald green leather chairs, beautiful chandeliers and more importantly fantastic service and lovely food. A real treat! Tel. 0207 434 1500

- The Botantist
Lovely brasserie with wonderful post shopping pick me ups on Sloane Square. Caring service, great food and wonderful French Martini to do the trick!

- Crazy Bear
Both a Thai restaurant and a gorgeous cocktail bar. Hidden around the corner from the Spaghetti House on Goodge Street - funny right. It was my favourite post work hideaway! Tel. 0207 631 0058

- Brinkleys
A South London favourite haunt. Amazing wines at incredibly prices and so much fun - bar and restaurant. Plus come summer time this is the best place to be as the roof at the restaurant can be removed. The restaurant manager is the best - so lovely! Tel. 0207 3511683

Paris
- Le Cafe Marly
Old Finance department building with a view of the Louvre pyramid. My favourite place to kick-off a weekend in Paris. Maybe a little touristy but the outside seating for drinks is so lovely. They are part of the Costes Group which is a garantee for great place. Think Georges, Hotel Costes etc. Tel. 49.26.06.60

Berlin

- Sale e Tabbachi
Around the corner from Checkpoint Charlie a loft style Italian restaurant with amazing food that has vowed friends and clients each time I have been.

- Borchardt
Just off the Franzoesischer Strasse, known for their Wiener Schnitzel and ueber stylish crowd. Inspiring each and every time

New York
- The Stanton Social
My favourite restaurant in New York now for years. I still get excited when I go. Located on the LES - corner of Ludlow and Stanton. Small dishes to share and brilliant cocktails. I look the interior with the glass wine wall. FABULOUS!

- Balthazar
My brunch recovery location - best Eggs Benedict EVER! Located on Spring Street a great place to people watch and then used the new found inspiration to go shopping in Soho. Ahhh I miss New York just writing about it...

The Modern
- I hated the location of my first flat in New York except that it was a block from the MoMA on 53rd. And this restaurant was my sanctuary. Ahhhh just bliss.

More hot spots will follow...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home