Monday, August 8, 2011

Iconic Jewellery

Maybe you have noticed by now ... I have thing for jewellery and accessories and although I try to upload the rule of remove one item (not clothes boys) before leaving the shoes sometimes they are just all so lovely that choosing just isnt fair.

So I went back to thinking where did my love of sparkly things come from. Maybe it is genetic like all girls love for pink? I think in my case it comes from my mother. After all she was working as a sales person at a high range jewellery store in the Netherlands when she met my father (I know it would have been much more musical had I written - working as a waitress in a cocktail bar - sadly that is not true). My mother has a brilliant understanding of jewellery notices little details that I over the years have picked up on. With this background knowledge... I have a love for iconic jewellery and here are some of my favourites...

Cartier Love bracelet - I love the idea that you shouldnt buy it for yourself and that your loved on has the lock to put it on. But surely to love and appreciate yourself jusifies being able to buy it for yourself one day? No?

There is something enchanting about the quatre-fois. It is used a great deal in Arabic buildings and in the Moorish Alhambra. I love the Van Cleef & Arpels use of mother of pearl. A true classic.


As so many fashion forward women the male watch is the one to have but if I get to dream as much as I love the Ballon from Cartier or the Submariner from Rolex (especially the Oyster band) it is the Royal Oak from Audermars Piquet that makes quiet in appreciation.

Not sure which came first - but I love thin, fine jewellery and this Love Paloma Picasso for Tiffany necklace is a symbol of just that.

Finally keep it simple - diamond studs, diamond solitaire you get the idea. Diamonds by the Yard another Tiffany classic now also comes in sterling silver with 1-3-5 diamonds bracelets and necklaces alike. Bringing the dream closer.

Happy Dreaming

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home