Monday, June 13, 2011

So what is it about Weddings?

So I will admit it I am nervous - in fact shaking in my boots (if it were winter & I was wearing boots). I have a wedding to attend in 3 weeks time and I am no where near as firm, toned and lovely as I would like to be. PANIC!!!

So I have to get on the programme double time, super quick. Now if anyone knows of a miracle product that will not only make me skinny and toned but also 20 centimeters taller - call me!

Should that all fail I will have to do it myself but alert to all friends I will be grumpy at the lack of carbs and worse my much needed rescue after a horrific work week a glass of wine. But what has to be done has to be done.

But why - why the sudden panic. I am not the one getting married all eyes will not be on me. So why the worry. Is it that a wedding it normal girl's version of the Met Ball? An event to impress or is it the worry that people will gossip and judge which tends to be human nature at a big gathering? Or is the worry of being in a large group and being referred to as the funny fat one? Or maybe the knowledge that whatever you look like will be captured on film for others to enjoy for years to come. Right not sure how these thoughts are helping me right now. Well there's no time to dwell in sadness but rather to kick my Texas size bum in gear and improve things so that even with some toning, weight loss and fake tan I can master the idea of faking it until you make it.

My question is do we all stress this much about weddings? I mean I have only touched on the superficial aspects but then there is the fun of family weddings when people ask you - so dear why arent you married yet? Anyone special in your life? These family members could just as easily be complete strangers because they hardly know the true me so it is rather odd to open up to them. So back to the idea of faking it until you make it. I have a great slendering maxi dress for the party and a lovely reception outfit that will just be appropriate so all in all I think I can pull it off and just to sure there is still enough me to give me a secret extra confidence for the day itself.

So for now - try to get sleek, slim and sexy with some secret confidence - fingers crossed all goes to plan...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home